Reflections on Coronavirus

While it is true that the virus is a real disease, more aggressive than the average flu, and that people are dying from it, it is also true that it is being used for leftist political purposes.

One of the doctors who appeared on the steps of the Supreme Court recently, and who were censored by the social media nazis, said this:

We have 39.5 million people [in California], if we just take a basic calculation and extrapolate that out, that equates to about 4.7 million cases throughout the state of California, which means this thing is widespread,
that’s the good news. We’ve seen 1,227 deaths in the state of California with a possible incidence or prevalence of 4.7 million. That means you have a 0.03 chance of dying from COVID-19 in the state of California. [1]

The latest numbers for Florida are: 527,000 cases and 8,108 deaths. This means that there is a 1.5% chance of perishing from the virus, and a 98.5% chance of surviving it. These figures are in a state where there is a very high proportion of elderly people. 20.5% of the people in Florida are 65 or older, compared to only 16.4% of the population of the State of New York.

The United States as a nation, according to the figures commonly given, is showing a 3.4% death rate per number of infections, and a .05% death rate per the population. In comparison, France has a 3.6% death rate per number of infections, and a 1.1% death rate per the population. The United Kingdom has a staggering 14.9% death rate per number of infections, but only a .06% death rate per the population. Germany, much touted for its low rates, nevertheless has a 4.2% death rate per number of infections, and a .01% death rate per the population. Italy has a 14% death rate per number of infections, and a .05% death per the population. Spain has an 8.9% death rate per number of infections, and a .6% death rate per the population. So, as you can see, the United States is among the lowest in death rates both in regard to infections and in regard to the general population.

Notice that the media never give the death rate, but only the number of cases. The amount of those infected is meaningless. What counts is the amount of those dying from it. They fail to mention the death rate because it does not serve the leftist political ends to report that even in a state of vulnerables like Florida, you have only a 1.5% chance of dying from this “plague.” If someone told you that you had a 98.5% chance of winning the lottery, would you buy a ticket? If the doctor told you that you had a 98.5% chance of surviving an operation, would you elect to have it? Of course.

Furthermore, the United States is criticized for its number of cases. But it has a population of 321 million. That is equal, approximately, to the combined populations of France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Italy. The total number of cases in the United States is 5.1 million. The total number of cases in those countries combined is 1.7 million. However, whereas our death rate per infections is 3.4%, the average death rate in the five European countries I mentioned is 9.12%.

The United States, therefore, while showing more infections, which could be due to more testing, is nonetheless much lower in the death rate. You are nearly three times more likely to die of coronavirus in Europe than in the United States. Yet the media portray the United States as a plague-infested cesspool, and you know whose fault that is! In fact, President Trump has protected the citizens of this country more than the others have protected their citizens. The United States is one of the safest places on the planet. [2]

What is clear is that whatever there is of truth about the coronavirus, the leftist media are using the “plague” as one more means of taking down President Trump. The Left’s incessant rant that the President can do nothing right has gotten very tiresome and even childish. It destroys the credibility of the Left, as well, since there is no one that does only bad things. The worst rulers in history did some good things. Mussolini made the trains run on time in Italy, Hitler built the autobahns, and Stalin built the subway system in Moscow.

More evidence that the Left is using the coronavirus for its radical political aims is what U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres (a Portuguese socialist) recently called for. He wants the U.N. to address “the huge gaps in governance structures and ethical frameworks” which have become evident since the outbreak of the virus.

In a July 20th speech, entitled the Nelson Mandela Lecture — Mandela was a self-proclaimed communist — the unelected Portuguese socialist said this:

To close those gaps, and to make the New Social Contract possible, we need a New Global Deal to ensure that power, wealth and opportunities are shared more broadly and fairly at the international level.

A new model for global governance must be based on full, inclusive and equal participation in global institutions.

A New Global Deal, based on a fair globalization, on the rights and dignity of every human being, on living in balance with nature, on taking account of the rights of future generations, and on success measured in human rather than economic terms, is the best way to change this.

The worldwide consultation process around the 75th anniversary of the United Nations has made clear that people want a global governance system that delivers for them. [3]


[1] Quoted in Breitbart News on July 27th.

[2] Even in Canada, which enacted a draconian lockdown, has a 7.5% death rate per number of infections and a 0.2% death per the population.

[3] Quoted in Breitbart News, July 21, 2020. What he is describing here in nothing less than a worldwide socialist government under the control of the U.N. Such a state of affairs is a necessary condition for the reign of the Antichrist.